Sunday, October 13, 2013

Pumpkin Spice Chia Porridge


I am fully into fall this year. I guess the truth is that I am into it every year. The sights, sounds, temperatures, sensations and flavors of the season are always inspiring to me.

Today I was messing around in the kitchen and put together a few ingredients that turned out really delicious and I thought I'd share it. It's super easy to make this before bed so you can enjoy it for a super fast and nutritious breakfast!

Pumpkin Spice Chia Porridge
1 1/2 cups date sweetened almond milk (I make my own, but store bought Vanilla would be great too)
1/4 cup chia seeds
2 tablespoons carrot juice (I normally juice my own, but had picked up some at a local juice bar)
Generous pinch Pumpkin Pie spice
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract

I combined all these ingredients into a glass jar, sealed tightly, shook until well blended - then I put it into the refrigerator for 30 minutes to congeal. It is so yummy & it will be my breakfast tomorrow morning! Let me know if you make it or if you have another favorite combo along these lines that you really like!
blog comments powered by Disqus